The birth of the planer marks the great development of modern technology in using woodworking machines to support production. Using a planer to increase the aesthetics of the product no longer takes a lot of labor, and also saves time compared to previous planing with hand planing tools.
There are many types of wood planers such as: surface planer, roll planer, combined planer and roll planer,… corresponding to many different characteristics and uses, bringing maximum convenience to users. However, like any type of woodworking machine, when using a wood planer if you are not careful, you may encounter many problems. Therefore, carpenters need to understand technical standards and safety principles to operate the planer most accurately and safely.
Common errors and how to fix them that you should know when using a wood planer
- Planning is not perpendicular: due to not applying the standard workpiece surface close to the reference ruler or because the reference ruler is not perpendicular to the table surface during the wood planning process. Overcome this phenomenon by checking the reference ruler again, making sure to always press the standard face against the reference ruler when planning.
- The machined surface is scratched: this is one of the basic errors when using a wood planer. The reason is that the wood grain is planed against the grain or the blade has been used for a long time, so the sharpness is reduced. A simple and effective remedy is to check the grain of the wood before planning, planning in the direction of the wood grain, re-sharpening or replacing the blade.
- Concave in the middle: the reason for the concave phenomenon in the middle when planning wood is because the back plane is lower than the blade. In the process of pushing the wood through the knife shaft, your hands are still between the two ends of the wood. To fix it, you need to adjust the back table to ensure it is straight.
Safety principles when using wood planers
To ensure safety and effective wood planning, when using different types of wood planning machines, machine operators need to pay attention to the following:
- Do not wear clothes that are too loose or too tight when operating the planer. Don’t wear a lot of loose jewelry.
- Fully equipped with labor protection equipment and supplies: glasses, headphones,…
- Check the entire machine before starting
- Do not place your hands in the path of movement of the device
- Turn off the power and clean the production area after working hours.
- Regularly maintain and service the machine
- Do not use wood shaving blades that are too worn
- Place the machine in a cool, dry location, avoiding places with high risk of fire and explosion.
- Disconnect the power source when replacing saw blades or repairing machinery
- Do not plan crooked objects. If the surface below the surface facing the reel is not straight, it will cause jamming
- Never plan on metal objects, nails, or screws
- Must turn off the machine and raise the blade to remove the workpiece when stuck (do not try to push).
For more information please contact us:
WOOD & BROTHERS CORPORATION
– Address: 1/33 Binh Duc 1 Quarter, Binh Hoa Ward, Thuan An City, Binh Duong Province
– Hotline: (+84)908 333 757
– Email: email@example.com
– Website: http://woodbro.vn/